Struggling to find a reliable business VOIP for your small (or big) business in Kenya? This post is for you. We have done comparisons, backed with user reviews and now bring you the best business telephone and internet providers that will help streamline your daily internet needs at your business premises.
Most internet providers for businesses will always advertise their service as the most reliable and cheap, if not the best. In most cases, this isn’t true. You spend a lot of money setting up the service, only to realize they have poor support, data caps, and other shortcomings.
Features of a good business phone and internet service provider
- Unlimited calls
- 24X7 customer support
- Free installation by accredited personnel
- Unlimited conferencing, FAX and SMS
- Multi-platform compatibility
- No stupid contracts like quarterly or yearly only
How to choose the best business telephone and internet provider in Kenya
- Depending on the size and nature of your business, there are a number of factors you need to consider when choosing the best VOIP for your business.
- How fast is the internet at your place? It is pointless to install VOIP on an unreliable internet connection. First, you might want to consult with your internet service provider so they can determine whether your current bandwidth allocation is sufficient.
- If the company you are buying VOIP can help connect a reliable internet connection to your business, it is probably better to let them handle all the dirty work, as long as you can bear the cost.
- Once the internet side of things is solved, it now time to compare using the table above and find a business phone provider that offers the packages you need. Don’t forget to keep an eye on pricing and reviews from their users as well.
- The next step is to determine which business phone features you need, which will ultimately determine what models you are supposed to purchase.
- Most business phones prices start at Kshs 5,000 or $50 depending on where you are reading this from. I can’t tell how big or small your company is, so it is up to you to do the math and see how many you will need.
One small piece of advice, consider phones made by reputable manufacturers such as CISCO, TOSHIBA, and PANASONIC.
Once you have settled on one business VOIP for your company, these are the questions you need to ask them beforehand:
- Are there connection fees?
- What is the recurring cost of the plan?
- Do they charge to port phone numbers?
- Is the plan contract based or can one cancel anytime? Are there cancellation fees?
- What are other calling features included in the plan?
- Do they allow international calling?
- Do they have a mobile App? (Not a requirement, but should be considered these days)
- What kind of support do they have?
- Is there a money back guarantee?
Advantages of using VOIP for your internet phone service
Automatic call distribution
Do you remember call hunting? Well ACD is an advanced version of it, only that in this case, the system will actually connect the right person for each individual call. This is a major improvement to when we had to route to a set number of phones.
With a business SMS that comes with VOIP, one is able to send personal and business messages separately. Makes your business professional and reduces the clutter and confusion.
It comes with a virtual receptionist
An automated receptionist comes with a number of functions, but the most important one has to be the caller greeting feature that allows you to play customized messages.
The automated receptionist also utilizes unique menus to direct people who call your business to different individuals or departments in your company.
Whether it is VOIP for a small business, a small company or fully-fledged parastatal, business VOIP can provide multiple numbers when needed. The numbers fulfill the specific roles assigned to them. Think of virtual faxing, or most commonly, toll-free numbers. These are just a few of the benefits you get with a business internet telephone provider.
Ability to work wherever you are, at any time
If you have set up a VOIP system or at least know how they work, you must have heard of the find me/follow me feature. This is essentially a virtual extension that relegates the need to have separate telephone numbers for your cell phone, home office, and business office.
The virtual business internet phone service can be instructed to call all phone extensions or departments in your business simultaneously, or in a specified order, depending on what type of message you want to pass.
Also, when a call to your business is missed, you can easily choose to send that call to another person in the extension or your voicemail.
That’s about it really. If you have any questions about business telephone and Internet service providers in Kenya, feel free to use the contact form and I will get back to you.
Follow locationske on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to get notified of new posts
Thanks for reading.